The rhythm and movement of tap, created by the metal taps on the heels and toes of a dancer’s shoes, transforms the dancer into a percussive musician. Tap dance emphasizes the flow of movement by teaching the dancer to find rhythms and beats not only in music but in their own bodies.
- Tights, jazz pants or bike shorts must be worn at all times
- Skirts may be worn in any class.
- No baggy clothes may be worn in any class.
- If you are not properly dressed you may be asked to watch class.
- Hair must be securely tied away from neck and face for ALL classes.